Because employers are needing to make their retirement plans more effective, plan design has become even more important.
While legislation dictates uniformity for certain plan features, there are many options you can choose to make a more successful corporate retirement plan. Recent changes in law are aimed at increasing employee participation and restoring some of the incentives and benefits previously lost by plan sponsors.
Counsel Retirement Plans will review the design and operational features of your company's plan, focusing on:
- Increased employee deferral limits and employee tax credit incentives
- Increased employer plan contribution deduction limits
- Showing legal ways to direct by age, occupation, tenure, etc.
- Discuss the most productive matching schedules and percentages
- Show Tiered and Age-Weighted discretionary contribution formulas as well as occupation and tenure.